After trying what seems like every diet in the world, are you still overweight? If so, you are not alone. There are so many people that are ready to give up on weight loss because nothing seems to work. If you are at this point, there is one more diet you may want to try before you throw in the towel–the HCG Diet. Before giving it a try, here are three things you may want to know.
What Is HCG?
HCG stands for human chorionic gonadotropin and it is a hormone found in the body. Both men and women have this hormone naturally; however, it is more prevalent in women that are pregnant. This hormone controls a person's metabolic rate and can help people lose weight. There are several ways it helps people lose weight, including:
- Suppresses your appetite – People taking this hormone often see a reduction in their appetites. They do not feel hungry, and this stops them from eating.
- Helps your body produce hormones – Being overweight can be caused by overeating, but it can also be attributed to hormonal imbalances. Because HCG helps your body produce more hormones, it tends to help a person's body have the right types and levels of hormones. As the hormones balance out, it can make it easier for a person to lose weight.
What Options Are There?
If you decide to begin the HCG Diet, you can choose from several different ways to do it, which are through injections or HCG drops. Both methods give your body the HCG hormone, but many people prefer taking drops because they do not involve needles or doctors. Taking the drops is an easier way to use this diet plan.
When you begin the diet, it's important to find out what rules and restrictions accompany this plan. Here are some of the rules you may have to follow if you decide to start the HCG Diet:
- Low calories – You may be limited to consuming only a certain number of calories per day.
- Food restrictions – During this diet, you might have to avoid eating carbohydrates or foods high in fat.
Just like with all diets, you should find out exactly how to use this diet before you start. By doing this, you will experience better results and may end up losing a lot of weight.
What Are The Benefits Of This Diet?
One of the key benefits of the HCG Diet is that it works quickly to help people lose weight, but there are other benefits too, including:
- Targets trapped fat – Researchers believe that this hormone has the ability to help you lose fat that is often considered the hardest to lose. This includes fat trapped in the abdomen, buttocks, and thighs.
- Healthy – Although HCG drops and injections are not FDA approved, this diet in general appears to be healthy. It restricts eating certain foods that are not good for you, and it allows you to eat healthy foods, such as fruits and vegetables.
- Doesn't require exercise – Depending on who you ask, you may be told not to exercise at all, or you might be told you can exercise in moderation. In either case, exercise is usually not a requirement of this diet, which makes this diet attractive to many people.
You may want to talk to your doctor before you start this diet or any other type of diet. By doing this, you can learn more about your options and risks. If your doctor approves, you may want to begin this diet by purchasing HCG drops, which are available in different strengths from online distributors such as Intermountain HCG.